Direct my footsteps according to your word.
Let no sin rule over me.
Redeem me…that I may obey your precepts.
Make your face shine upon your servant and teach me your decrees.
~ Psalm 119:133-135
Let no sin rule over me… This has been the refrain of the last few days. In so many ways it’s kind of become the song of my life. I feel God calling me to a deep sense of humility. As I parent. As I love my husband. As I keep a home and work within a strict budget. As I try and develop a hobby into a business. He is molding me and changing my mindset. That everything I do would be a deep reflection of Him and not me. That as I bake, shop, and create my mind would not be thinking how great I am (oh how hard that is to write, but how true it is), but instead would be singing His praises for the abilities and talents He has bestowed on me.
How much more joy is stirred up within me when I create something while praying that He would bless the work of my hands – that it would bring glory to Him alone!
He is developing a meekness in me. Not an inability to accept a compliment, but rather the ability to give that compliment to Him. To take that praise and give it to the Lord. For He is the one that has created that space in my life and given me those abilities.
Oh, that my mind would become like the meek man that Tozer writes about: one “who cares not at all who is greater than he, for he has decided that the esteem of the world isn’t worth the effort.”
205. for messed up bread…that is redeemed in the end!
206. for the refrains from a little girl as we return home from church
207. for the 1,000+ legos scattered around my house that are turned into something amazing by my talented young boy
208. for 2 extra days at home with the kiddos this weekend
209. for 2 extra days at home with my husband
210. for a rainy monday at home together
211. listening to 2 children interacting with each other with grace
212. watching the excitement that a new game can bring
213. the stamina of my young boy as he stands for 2 hours and cheers on his teammates, yet never plays
214. cuddling up on the bed with that young boy for a few minutes these last few nights as we do breathing treatments (not so much the breathing treatments as much as the time set aside for them!)
215. a basement that didn’t flood after 24+ hours of nonstop rain
216. the joy on my husband’s face as he completes a long standing project
217. the anticipation of a new kitchen faucet
218. a day running errands…including seeing old friends
219. finding God in the ordinary of my day: as I cook, clean and sew
220. the stirring in my heart to find Him
221. this song, which causes my eyes to close and just stop and listen