It Came!!!! Whoopee!


I had a little money that I earned from selling some of the kid’s clothes on ebay so I put it toward my first order of some fabric that I’ve been drooling over for months online.

All of this came from SuperBuzzy and I LOVE IT! I can’t wait to make something from it, but I’m almost just so scared to even cut it!

I am hoping to make a cute little A-line shirt out of this adorable Little Red Riding Hood fabric:


This one is called Farm Fun and will be a romper: (sorry it’s kind of blurry)


This one is going to be a sweet dress and is Snow White: (it is my favorite of all!)


I also ordered a yard of this really cute trim that I hope to use on some burp cloths for upcoming babies. (not my babies mind you…friend’s babies!)

Continue Reading

What An Amazing Day!

It is near 70 degrees here today, the baby is finally almost well again and we were able to spend some time at our favorite park today. I was able to enjoy a cup of tea, read a little, nap a little and even craft a little and the kids are still sleeping! The Lord knew I needed a day like today; filled with all my favorite things. Now if only I could figure out what to make for dinner!


I finally finished the peg dolls for the apron. Here they are in all their glory and in their new home! I hope our little cousin enjoys them. Check out the flickr set for more close-ups.

Continue Reading

I’m A Runner-Up!


The results were posted in that embroidery contest and I was a runner up! Wow, I’ve never won anything in my life that I can think of…how special to be a runner up…that’s just as good.

Continue Reading

A Finished Project (well mostly finished)

doll apron

doll apron side/back

I lied when I said that I was taking a break from sewing this week. I have been working on a clothespin doll apron for my cousin’s daughter. I have wanted to make one of these since I saw it and I finally had a reason to make one.

This is the first time I have ever taken a picture of a pattern and tried to copy it, make alterations off of another model and make my own alterations while going along. It was an adventure to say the least. And, of course, I have one flaw in the shoulder seam and I’m not sure how to fix it. I’ve piddled along with it all week, getting frustrated and putting it down and then picking it up the next day.

I used this pattern as the basis. Then I used this as a model for some alterations. Minus the mess up on the shoulder I am pretty pleased with it.

Here’s the flickr set for some more views.

Next step is to make some clothespin dolls to go in the pockets.

Continue Reading

Another Contest

I have been working on this burp cloth for longer than I should admit, hopefully the second won’t take as long! I finally finished it all up today and wanted to post pictures of it. You can see more on the flickr set.

I am entering another web/blog contest off of this site. (My picture is already up…I’m famous!! ha ha)

The judging is February 4…wish me luck! 🙂


Continue Reading