The results were posted in that embroidery contest and I was a runner up! Wow, I’ve never won anything in my life that I can think of…how special to be a runner up…that’s just as good.
I have been tagged by my dear friend Christy and now have to share 7 things people don’t know about me. Hmm.
1. If I could do anything for a job, I would love to be a writer. I think this is why I love blogging so much. It is an outlet for writing and makes me feel like a write even though I will never be. I’ve had book ideas brewing in my head since I was really young. I have pages of poetry and book dreaming stashed away from when I was at least 8.
2. I love bookstores and libraries. If I could sit anywhere for hours and hours on end, it would be in a bookstore. There is nothing in this world that I love more (well more than my family or God of course) than being surrounded by books.
3. I also love music. I love the symphony, ballet and all that. I love to lay down and just close my eyes and listen to music. Music has an incredible effect on me. I can listen to a song and just be taken away into another place. Itunes was the best invention for me. I can stay on Itunes searching for music for way too long. Unfortunately it tends to be a little dangerous because while 99 cents a song seems like a bargain, 30 minutes later it can be a little deadly on the budget.
4. I would love to be an outdoorsy, campy, mother earth loving, green woman. But that will never happen to the extent that I would like it too. I’ll never be able to camp more than a night w/o a shower or toilet, I’ll never be a totally “green” person (with renewable energy sources and all that) and a 100% organic buyer. I was especially crazy like this when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was very serious about having her at a birthing center with midwives (aka no drugs) and was going to do cloth diapers and the whole gamut. Sad to say it didn’t happen.
5. My husband and I are big dreamers and that gets us into trouble. We both tend to get fixated on ideas and go crazy with them. Our latest is starting a co-housing community in our area. Check out www.cohousing.org and see how crazy we are.
6. I am not a night person. I hate to stay up late and I love my bed. Although, my husband would declare I am not a morning person either. I say that I love the morning, but I prefer to be alone in the morning or at least quiet. I love to sit in my big blue chair with a cup of coffee in the morning and read.
7. I want to learn how to weave. Once upon a time we were actually looking at buying me a small loom. Now, with 2 kids around the house that will probably not be a hobby started for while!
Now I get to tag someone else. I tag my best friend Jennifer. Tag, your it.
I lied when I said that I was taking a break from sewing this week. I have been working on a clothespin doll apron for my cousin’s daughter. I have wanted to make one of these since I saw it and I finally had a reason to make one.
This is the first time I have ever taken a picture of a pattern and tried to copy it, make alterations off of another model and make my own alterations while going along. It was an adventure to say the least. And, of course, I have one flaw in the shoulder seam and I’m not sure how to fix it. I’ve piddled along with it all week, getting frustrated and putting it down and then picking it up the next day.
Here’s the flickr set for some more views.
Next step is to make some clothespin dolls to go in the pockets.
I’ve taken a break from most everything this week (reading, sewing etc) during that “sacred hour” and I’ve caught up on watching the Ellen show and even got to see a little of Oprah the other day (normally we are watching Arthur at that time). Two things I saw this week blew me away. One made me laugh hysterically and the other just made me stare at the t.v. quite quizzically (how did she do that? why in the heck would you do that?)
The first was this woman who was on Oprah. She has the record for the smallest waist. Why anyone would do this is beyond me. Even Oprah was stumped with something to say. Her waist is the size of a bagel!!!
The other is this chair that was on Ellen. I’ve never seen anything like it and it was honestly the funniest thing I’ve seen lately! Have a great laugh and a great weekend!
I love how God blesses us with words, people or even things when we need them. This post from The Flourishing Mother this morning was just perfect.
Have a wonderful day!
I am in a constant competition to be more creative and more crafty and more artsy than my best friend. (Which will never, ever happen because she is the ultimate in talented. While I may look crafty and creative…she is AMAZING!.)
Anyway, she has been posting on her blog about making reusable bags for groceries. I LOVE the idea…in fact I have one that I paid 99 cents for at our local natural food store and as much as I love the idea…the bag is still sitting in the back of my car. I have yet to use it again. (“humph” goes my husband and taller and taller grows the stack of plastic grocery bags in our garage)
But, with all these great tutorials and ideas out there, who can resist the temptation? Check out her reusable bag that she crafted (and some good pointers about plastic lunch boxes…scary!) and follow these links for some other ideas.
JennyDee the ultimate