After spending much of my time lately working on stuff for the shop or really working on nothing, I’ve decided to try and devote my Sunday afternoons and some of my Wednesdays to working on personal sewing. I feel like my sewing has stagnated some and I need to stretch those legs.
I ordered the Aurelia Cardigan pattern by Sew Liberated months ago along with fabric (and sadly I’ll have to research back in my files to even tell you what fabric it is!). I even got it cut out and there it has sat for longer than I hate to even think. That said, this was first on my list of projects to finish during my sunday sewing times!
This is a pattern for knits AND fabric and whew, it’s definitely stretching my sewing legs! I’ve played around with my serger and knits, but this will be the first full garment I’ve made with it.
Today I was able to get the ruffles done and sew the bodice together. Next up, the sleeves (I think!)
So far, this is a great pattern with some super directions. The written directions along with the drawn directions are very helpful.
Tune in for the next step, hopefully next Sunday!