These past few weeks have been a battle titled “where is my trust?”
The Lord has continually reminded me that He is all I need and He will provide, but I am so easily moved.
I am more like the seed that is planted, springs up quickly, but then withers away when a strong wind comes.
My sense of security has been more in how I can make it all work, and less in just merely trusting in His good plan.
“Your sense of security must not rest in your possessions or in things going your way…instead of grasping and controlling, you are learning to release and receive.” ~ Jesus Calling
Oh, how tightly my fists are wrapped around everything…a deep cushion in my bank account, a clean floor that stays that way, homework completed without request, children who just want to sit and be quiet and read instead of run around and romp, a car that never needs any work, empty laundry baskets, an abundance of cash in my wallet even after a grocery run.
Such selfish and controlling things. All these things not bad desires, but they are things that keep me from being real with my community, family, children, husband and with the One who knows me better than anyone. How gently He keeps reminding me of the plenty that I have. In the midst of it all, I am warm, clothed, fed, housed and loved greatly. There are so many in my midst that teeter on the edge of not having these things.
I know the Lord has set apart the godly for Himself. The Lord hears when I call to Him…There are many who say ‘who will show us some good?’ Lift up the light of your face upon us O Lord! You have put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and wine abound. ~ Psalm 4: 4,6
321. a weekend away with a sweet friend
322. the ability to do some fun shopping…real and window
323. time with an old friend and her family
324. the way the Lord continually provides: $21 in my pocket and $20 grocery bill and so many more
325. the way the Lord continually takes something that was hard and scary and uses it for Good…He redeems as He provides
326. walking my children to school in the frosty sunshine
327. a whole Monday with a long list, but the freedom to do it as I will
328. a husband who loves me
329. last minute cuddles on an early Monday morning
330. the anticipation of the holidays