Today is one of those days where I don’t want to write anything in this space. My morning started much earlier today and was filled up even before I got started. Kids up and ready for school, lunches to be made, the discovery of a mass of bugs in the kitchen and yet I still had to keep going. Coffee with a friend, dentist and doctor and shopping to do. New contacts and blurred and tired eyes. So much running and no time to really stop.
So in that moment when I realize that this post isn’t going to be “perfect” (as if any of them are) I thought I would just neglect it. I can give thanks next Monday, I thought. But it’s days like these that I need to force myself to stop and refocus. To take my heart and change it from grumbling about the pressure I feel under and think of all the things that are good right now. For there is much, so much in my life that is good.
And for His goodness I give praise…
184. coffee with a new friend
185. thirty minutes at home to have a quiet lunch before the afternoon rush starts up
186. a husband who takes the time to help clean up in the early morning hours
187. for rebates that come at perfect times
188. the opportunity to run to all these appointments in the morning and know that my children were taken care of and safe
189. for the week ahead…that even in the midst of all the business, we have much to celebrate
190. for a friend to banter with
191. that although I have lousy vision that is getting worse, I can see
192. for a home to come home too..bugs and all 🙂
193. for the Spirit that is in my heart and causes me to focus on Him and give thanks even when I don’t want to