I had a moment this weekend, just a typical checking the mail sort of moment, where I looked out my front door and was overwhelmed with joy and thankfulness. It was like coming into a clearing after a long upward climb. Hebrews 12:1 comes to mind:
Let us throw off everything that
hinders and the sin that so easily entangles,
and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
Those sins, of fear and anxiety and worry and control, which so easily entangle me are finally being thrown off. And for that I am beyond grateful.
31. for His forgiveness
32. for His grace and mercy towards me
33. laughter at watching my son “strut his stuff”
34. a walk in the park on a Sabbath afternoon
35. this place where He has planted me
36. and the freedom to plant my roots without fear
37. watching my little girl conspiring with another after church about what they will play together
38. knowing that no matter what, God has my best interest
39. seeing new friendships form
40. a wave from the boy with his freckly little smile