Ottobre/Burda Outfit Front

A few weeks ago I had a little fabric money to spend so I went on my way to Jo Anns. It was one of those frustrating trips where it seemed like nothing was screaming “buy me!” and I was a little bummed. I kept walking past this Alexander Henry print and loving it, but honestly couldn’t figure out what I would do with it. Make my daughter a dress or shirt with this crazy fabric (with a dragon on it no less)! But alas, I kept coming back to it and for those of you with fabric obsessions, when you find that one that pulls you back you know you can’t go home without it!


I have been wanting to make one of these peasant style tops and I found a cheap $1.99 pattern and started cutting it out and realized I bought the wrong size 🙁 I ended up finding exactly what I wanted in my old Ottobre magazine. This is the first time I’ve ever really altered a pattern a bunch and it was so thrilling! The pattern had buttons down the back and I have sworn off buttons until I get a new sewing machine. I also ended up doing elastic for the neck and adding the bias trim around the cuffs.

Burda Pants

The pants are a super-easy Burda pattern (that I’m too lazy to get up and look up for you) which I altered the pockets (aka simplified) and then added the ruffle around the hem.

Overall, I love it! The shirt is a little snug around the waist (darn those European sizes!) so I’m not sure how long she’ll be able to wear it, but until then it’s all hers (dragon and all!)

One thought on “

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *