I was tagged by Emily at Remodeling This Life to share 7 random or weird things about myself. I don’t know if these qualify, but here they are:
1. I have a degree in deaf education and have taught in the field of deaf ed for 4 out of my 10 years of teaching. I miss the deaf culture very much…but not enough to go back to teaching!
2. When I was in high school, my dream was to move to Australia and teach in the outback.
3. My grandfather was a Norwegian immigrant and my uncle had his name put on some wall of tribute at Ellis Island (it’s always helpful to have a rich uncle!) and hopefully at some point in my life I will make it up to NY to see it.
4. I love the ocean, but I hate the beach. I can’t stand all the sand and all that mess. I love to walk on the sand, but spending hours laying out there…I just can’t do it.
5. My husband and I would LOVE to move to the Pacific Northwest sometime, but can’t seem to bring ourselves away from family at this season in our lives, not to mention the lack of job there.
6. I love to swim. There is nothing I would rather do than spend hours upon hours laying in a pool…but I absolutely hate to swim in the ocean or the lake. I have to be able to see my feet and don’t want any kind of weird creature or plant touching my feet!
7. I would love to be able to draw or paint. My brother is very gifted in this area and I’m SO jealous of that!
Now, it’s my turn to tag some (new and old) friends…so here’s my list:
1. Jennifer at jennydee
2. Dorothy at Sharing My Oatmeal
3. Beck at Frog and Toad are Still Friends
4. Christy at Nashvillians Now
5. Jane at One Husband, Three Kids and Two Dogs
Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog. Some random, some weird.
3. Tag up to 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.